The Northern Territory (NT) implementation of the Healthy Workers Initiative has taken a focused approach, targeting two key population groups. These programs include the Healthy@Work program which focuses on NT Department of Health staff across the Territory and the Construction Health Improvement Project (CHIP) which focuses on construction workers in the Darwin region.
For all enquiries regarding the Construction Health Improvement Project (CHIP) please contact:
Healthy Worker Project Officer
Phone: (08) 8941 8630
For all enquiries relating to the Healthy@Work program or any other queries regarding the Healthy Workers Initiative in the NT please contact:
Healthy Worker Program Development Officer
NT Department of Health
Phone: (08) 8985 8105
Email: Kate Robinson
For information on what is happening in the Northern Territory under the Healthy Workers initiative, you can access their implementation plans, For more information please visit the Standing Council on Federal Financial Relations website.
The links below are to resources that were developed in the Northern Territory.
There are resources that have been developed in different states and territories that could be relevant to your workplace.
Find out more about creating your own healthy workplace.
Eat Well and Move More
- NT Health: No Smoking poster
- Cancer Council NT: Stop Smoking: Information on benefits and recommendations of stop smoking
- NT Health: Smoke free checklist and information on developing a smoke free policy in your organisation
- Quit Now: Quit because you can
- Cancer Council NT: Sample of smoking management plan
- NT Health: Smoking Ban posters: Selection of smoking Ban posters for outdoor areas NT