Australian Capital Territory
A major initiative of the ACT Healthy Workers Program is the establishment of a new workplace support and facilitation service - Healthier Work – delivered by WorkSafe ACT. Healthier Work aims to build the capacity of ACT workplaces to implement programs, policies, and practices that encourage health promoting workplace environments and sustained employee healthy lifestyle changes. A range of resources are available from the Healthier Work website to support workplaces, including a Guide to Promoting Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace, templates and tools, and case studies. Healthier Work also conducts training for workplace health coordinators.
For more information on the Healthier Work program, visit the Healthier Work website.
The links below are to resources that were developed in the Australian Capital Territory.
There are also resources that have been developed in different states and territories that could be relevant to your workplace.
Find out more about creating your own healthy workplace.
- ACT Health: Food safety issues on the ACT
- Healthier Work: Healthy eating workplace strategies and resources
- Nutrition Australia ACT Division: Workplace health resources and nutrition seminars
- OzHelp Foundation: Nutrition Toolbox - Information targeting young male apprentices aged 19 to 30 years to promote healthy and balanced eating.
- Healthier Work: Be Active workplace strategies and resources
- National Heart Foundation: Walking Groups ACT
- National Heart Foundation: Heart Moves ACT – a low to moderate intensity exercise program for people living with health conditions.
- Pedal Power ACT: Information on riding to work and workplace facilities
- Transport ACT: Canberra & Queanbeyan walking and cycling map
- Cycle Education: Workplace cycling skills workshops
- ACT CANwalk Portal: ACT walking groups, maps and events
- ACT Healthier Work – Reduce alcohol use workplace strategies and resources
- Directions ACT- alcohol and other drug information, counseling and referral service
- ACT Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Association: ACT Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Services Directory 2011
- ACT Office of Regulatory Services: ACT legislative requirements regarding liquor licenses/permits, and risk management associate with the sale and consumption of alcohol.